Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another Weekend.....






Another weekend has came and went at the White House. I'm not sure whether we have made much progress, but it seems like we stayed fairly busy. I spent probably six hours working in the flower beds on Friday afternoon and got quite a bit accomplished. I am dividing perennials, moving things and just cleaning up the beds in general. Green Things are starting to pop up all over the place. Some of these things belong in the flower beds and some of them don't! I'm not sure if I have ever discussed the fact that I have a rock fetish or not.... but there it is. I do. As you can tell by previous postings, my flower beds have a lot of nice rocks in them and we have done a lot of hardscaping with rocks we have gotten around here. I had a friend call me Saturday morning and give me a phone number for a guy who had some 'big' rocks he needed to get rid of. So... off to Kansas I went to look at rocks. We went and took and look at his 'big' rocks and of course I told him that we would come and get them. You know what today was like, huh? Busy. We hauled a load of rocks and then our nice neighbor came over with his tractor and helped us to unload them. The hard part about bringing home a trailer load of
rocks is that you have to decided what to do with them when you get them home. Every rock seems to have its own personality so you have to really study it to figure out what it is trying to say to you. We came home with a couple of really nice ones so if you are interested in seeing what we have don't forget the Garden Tour at the end of May. We are planning a few new projects which we certainly hope to have done in time for the tour.


Here's my neighbor with his big Ford tractor helping us to unload this rock. This rock really looked like a Kokopelli Indian head but that's not what it is going to be. It sitting on its side and is going to either end up being a chicken, a horse, or maybe a small camel. That remains to be seen. I also don't know how to spell Koko whatever Indian. So if anyone knows.... let me know.
Check out the next rock that we are going to 'TRY' to bring home. I hope to get home with it without my brothers seeing what I intend to haul with their trailers. Ha! This is a really nice rock and we already know what it is... we just don't know where to put it. Where ever it goes it will have to stay! BIG rock, huh? It sure made
this truck work hard. We moved it up close to the road so we could try to go back and get it before too long. I hope someone doesn't drive by and decide they want it worse than I do. I'm thinkin' I might be okay there...ha.








Most weekends around here are fairly uneventful but this one seemed to have a lot of things going on. I went to visit a friend Saturday morning before the 'rock viewing' and got in on helping to bring a new baby calf into this world. He was kinda stuck and needed a bit of help so that is just what we did. I think his mom was really happy that we were around to help her out. (although she didn't act happy) This was her first baby and I bet she wasn't expecting things to come out like they did. Bet she doesn't do that again for awhile!

Speaking of baby calves.... Brads' brother had a momma cow that gave birth to twins this week. The new babies are so cute. I just love them at this age! Momma Cow decided that she only wanted to be RESPONSIBLE for one of the twins though and firstborn was the lucky one. "This is me 'Firstborn'. Lucky aren't I? I really do miss my little sister but I be she is going to get most of the attention. I can already tell because I see a lot of people stopping at her pen to pet her and check her out. Don't forget me... I am the cute one down in the pasture with my MOM!"




The second calf looks to be a little smaller but not for sure..... see what you think. She sure is cute! She seems to think whomever is closest to her is her mommy. You can barely see her in this

picture she is so tiny, but not to worry she is eating good and will be fine. Both of the little ones have a heart shaped marking on the forehead. It doesn't get much better than that!
Bare with me on this blog because I sure have trouble loading the pictures on here. If any of you are any good at this I will take any and all help! But.... that is that and now it is time for bed so good night and good bye until next time.

No comments: