Monday, May 26, 2008

Long Days! Short Nights!

There is a lot happening around the White House right now! The clock is ticking. I have two more days to work out in the yard before the Garden Tour. Luckily Brad is off this week.Things are really looking good around here. I went out of town this weekend to a family reunion in Kansas and Brad stayed home and WORKED HARD! He also went on the pre-Garden Tour. All of the home owners got together with the Garden Club members and toured the homes and then had a bar-b-que at one of the members homes. Of course I made it back in town in time for food! Ha!
I got home last night and he had painted the garage doors. They had been a blinding white color and now they are a wonderful light taupe color to match the window trim.
He had spread two dump truck loads of gravel in the back around the new waterfall he built LAST WEEK.
Here is a close up of the waterfall. Nice, huh? I bet all of our birds will really like it. Speaking of birds we have Bluebirds, Mockingbirds and Chickadees all nesting in the backyard. Those are just the ones we know about.
If you remember this new flowerbed in a previous post now you can see it newly planted. It even looks like it has been here awhile! Thanks Tom and Pat for the wood! I had to go outside this afternoon and work so now I am returning because it is too dark to do anything else today. Of course, even though we have been working really hard that doesn't mean that I don't stop and take time to...
smell the roses....
and the Bullfrogs....
and the Nanny Goats.....
and the baby goats.....

and the baby goats nursing the Nanny goats!!!!!!!!!

I am having lots of fun taking pictures during this 'getting ready for the Garden Tour'. I am also having a blast sharing them with you people out there who are reading my blog. Thanks! Think I am headed to bed shortly but before too long I will share a few pictures of my brothers recent 'Little Kids Fishing Derby'. I am sure you will love those. Until then...........

No comments: