Saturday, May 10, 2008

Whew! What A Day!!!!

Thanks a bunch, Lloyd and Jerry! You all are awesome. The Lays came to our house today to help us get the top put on the windmill.The windmill is finally up.... and what a nice bucket truck!
The BOSS says "up we go".

This was kinda scary. When Lloyd called me it wasn't too windy but five minutes later... guess what? WIND! This is me holding the rope. Recognize me???? We got the top on the windmill and guess where I ended up?
And guess who's shoes these are inside the bucket? MINE. Guess where I'm going? UP.
Guess where I'm going now??? Up more.
And more. What a wonderful view... I could take aerial photos for people from this bucket truck.
I took aerial photos for this bunch of yahoos. Hello down there, little people! Hi Gizmo. This is way too cool! Sure glad no one tried to moon me.
But.... I am having way too much fun and it is time to go DOWN now! Okay, I'm done playing and now the Lay's are headed home in their really nice bucket truck. You'all come back now, ya hear.
Thanks again for the help and also for letting me play with the truck. Yeah! What fun.

Not only did we get the windmill blades up, we also worked on a waterfall. Not sure if it will be up and running for the Garden Tour, but we will make a stab at it.

We were going to use the neighbors' tractor to dig the big hole but the tractor was 'broke'. So Brad had to dig it by hand. Yuk! But he got it done.

This is going to be a pondless waterfall. Hopefully... I'm sure it wil be. I think it will be. I'm almost positive it will be.

Of course it will be. This guy is the brains and the brawn behind another great project.
Enough of this work stuff. Now for a little bit of Flora and Fauna. Ha.
As you can probably tell, I surely do enjoy my hummingbirds. And my flowers. And the other birds. And your flowers. Anyones birds and flowers...
I'm not sure what kind of Iris this is but it is about medium height and the blooms are not near as large as the normal Iris. Gorgeous is what kind they are!
Amazing birds! I am working on the little guys so they will maybe decide it is okay for us to be this close to them.
The hummers come in really heavy about one hour before dark and fill up before bedtime. That's what I just did and now it's bedtime. Until we meet again...

No comments: